Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The TV takes forever to come on properly. It sounds like a

Customer Question

The TV takes forever to come on properly. It sounds like a solenoid flicking on and off. The picture is most often black but as it gets closer to coming on there are various screens, all vertical and random colours. In order to get the picture to come on I have to turn the power off and then on several times when the screen changes before actually picture.comes on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung Model LN19D450G1D. I think it is 8 years? old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Once the tv is functioning normally all the menu items work fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been going on for at least a year. Prior to that no problems. Can't remember what happened before it started acting up. After the tv comes on properly the picture is still great.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the sound does not come on until the picture finally is normal.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .