Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Talking no picture, flat screen samsung about 2 years old,

Customer Question

talking no picture
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: flat screen samsung about 2 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv as black screen but can he talking from movies
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: was watching tv look up and screen was black no picture just talking still
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: know
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 15 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu coe up or not please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
dark screen can't see anything just talking

So the sets own menu does not come up,please take a flashlight and hold it against the display at a 45 degree angle continually press the menu button of the sets own remote control can you see the menu where the light strikes the screen from the flashlight?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
done that now what can see it a real lil bit
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
tv located on wall cant see model number at the moment
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
need some one to help take it down to see back

Yea that is the backlights out that illuminate the display now that is a problem inside the set a board will need to be replaced the set will need to come down I am afraid, I am sorry this is not something easier to move forwards would mean the back of the set coming off and then deciding on the board change, if this is something you think you can do yourself I will be happy to help, otherwise you will need a tech www.tvrepaipros.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the sitethank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 13 days ago.

If you need more help with this please let me know

Please understand this format of questions and answers is a good faith one the good faith comes from yourself when you get a satisfactory answer, that good faith is then conveyed by yourself when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you,the site will only then release credit to me, please note the question does not close and remains open for 30 days, thanks again.

Anthony