Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have an Epson PowerLite Presenter Projector and it may be

Customer Question

We have an Epson PowerLite Presenter Projector and it may be that the bulb is starting to go. There is a red hue on the right side of the light projected (in a line) or possibly the bulb has slipped to the right if that is possible. Where could I obtain a replacement bulb if that is necessary? It is the church's projector and we have an event coming up shortly. Thanks for any help you can give!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The power light presenter does not use a replaceable lamp or bulb. It uses 3 LCD chips to produce the picture and the color and the chips are part of the optical block (light engine) and generally requires the engine be replaced as a whole. The red hue indicates that the red LCD chip is "running away" due to heat and this requires service to the projector (not something that can be fixed on a user level). The average cost to have the light engine serviced is in the $300 range, and to have the light engine replaced is closer to $650 parts and labor. I'm sorry for the bad news here, but this unit doesn't use a simple lamp, and the LCD chips and engine are not serviceable unless you're a technician and have experience working on a PCB level with electronics.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.