Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 60" smart tv...I use direct tv...when I turn the

Customer Question

I have a 60 " smart tv...I use direct tv...when I turn the set on a big square in the top left shows the channel I'm on and the rest of the screen is filled with small squares ot tv shows...in order to get the screen full size I need to use the direct tv remote in TV mode..press select and the top left maximizes to full size...Direct tv says its not them..there must be a setting on the Samsung remote to correct this....my bedroom tv is not a Samsung and this dosent happen there...I'm tearing my hair out...help before I go bald
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: bought in jan of 2014...no I haven't unplugged the Samsung power?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the Samsung remote works..but same issue when I start up
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it's been an issue from the time direct tv installed...but again..the issue is not in the bedroom where an older Panasonic does not have this problem...I'm hopimg it's just a Samsung setting that will correct
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 18 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Please initially re-boot any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time.

We find software glitches within the box can cause this

Let me know how this works out, if it works out good would you please rate the answer positively by using the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post

Any issues let me know please

Thanks again

Anthony

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
this did not work

It looks like the set is in a "guide" menu mode this would seemingly be coming from the box I would think

What do you mean about the size?you have confused me with that

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am unhappy with this format I paid $5 please do not process anymore charges the bank will be told to decline