Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a sony 32 inch tv. All of sudden the remote will not

Customer Question

I have a sony 32 inch tv. All of sudden the remote will not work. I am able to turn the channels off the Infinity remote, but canot turn the tv on or off with either.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My guess it is 3 years old, and I am sorry, I am at my workplace and just went on a whim and googled you.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started last night. Unplugged the tv. Changed the batteries of both remotes. I am able to turn it on with the tv itself.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. When you're at the TV can you please reply back with the full model number off of the back of the Sony TV? Offhand, the symptoms you have point to a locked up Mainboard, or possible a faulty IR sensor, but in order to even SEE the TV I need the model number.

You can reply back here at anytime by, Bookmarking the Page/Add to Favorites, logging onto www.justanswer.com, then clicking on "My Questions", or by clicking on any of the links in the Reply E-mails the site sends you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It seems senseless to spend anymore money to solve this. Will proceed to purchasing another tv.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'm not asking you to spend any more money. The site is automatically sending you a phone call option- which I do not use. If you want help simply ignore the offer and respond back when you're at the TV. I'm an independent tech- not privy to any of the site offers. Thanks.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay I will opt out. Good luck.