Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How do you get to the menu on a Vizio Smartcast TV 60, just

Customer Question

how do you get to the menu on a Vizio Smartcast TV 60, just bought it and the sound is off. The TV came with a small remote and doesn't have a menu button. I have to turn the tv up so loud to hear the talking but the music is way to loud.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I just bought it at Wal mart 11-12-16 60 inch flat screen vizio samartcast i am at work and dont know the other numbers
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't get to the menu on the TV my remote does not have a menu button, when i googled it all i seen was big remotes with a menu button and no i don't have the same issues with the other tvs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since i turned the tv on one week ago
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just need to know how to get to the menu
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 19 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;

Without the exact model number its going to be difficult to tell you exactly where to go but i know the problem you have and this can be adjusted to a comfortable level " usually"

Anyways you can reach me from home later with that model number ?

Beside showing you what type of adjust there is i could also check on that remote and how you can open the menu as well