Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Was wondering if you could help me with my samsung plasma

Customer Question

Hi was wondering if you could help me with my samsung plasma ps64f5500 model.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Tv wasnt working and kept blowing fuses whenever i tried switching it on. One of the transistors was blown so i replaced that along with a new fuse. The tv now powers on but i get around 30+ vertical thick lines in pink and green alternating across the whole screen. Im a complete novice so not sure if its one of the main boards or could it possibly be bad soldering or wrong mosfet transistor i used?
Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 19 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but note that i wont be around much this morning.

Just want to say that if the tv turns on the congrats you did a good job there and if you had the wrong part then it would`ve blown right back .

Now did you check your voltages at the output of the power board ?

Namely the VA and VS voltages ?

These may have changed and the correct value should be on a sticker at the rear of the panel

Look it up and i`ll check on you later