Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung H7150 TV and I Pace PX102ANM set top box. I

Customer Question

I have a Samsung H7150 TV and I Pace PX102ANM set top box. I cannot get my Samsung remote to recognize the Pace box.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: UN75H7150A purchased 11/20/2014
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu works. Just can't get program my remote to control the volume & channel change on my set top box
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had a power outage a few days ago, but the remote was working yesterday. I bought a new Samsung Home Theater and was trying to set it up, and couldn't get my TV remote to work with my set top box
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 15 days ago.

Hello, You will not be able to use the Samsung remote to access and control the Pace box, since the TV remote is not designed to be able to control the Pace box. It would work the opposite where the Cable Box remote can be programmed to control the TV- but not the other way around. That said, Whom is your cable provider please?

Expert:  Aric replied 15 days ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.