Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

No volume, Sharp model 43LE653U, I have hadconly about a

Customer Question

No volume
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sharp model 43LE653U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have hadconly about a year and a hald hslf
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just turned on my TV and there's no volume an mute button is not on mute either
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It didn't work and I don't have a DVD to connect into maybe the input settings are incorrect can you help me
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

The Input settings are not incorrect. What specifically do you have connected to the TV please?

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

If you have a picture then we know the Input setting is correct. That's why I am asking about the "Source" (example: Cable/SAT box, etc.).

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have att and t uverse box with HDMI cable .
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

9 times out of 10 the issue is with the ATT box (any Cable Box is the typical root cause of the problem) and not the TV itself. Play one of the TV's built in apps to find out the root cause- do they have sound?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Where do I find these are you talking about the musix?
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

It's a Smart TV. Using the original remote you can access apps like Netflix, etc. Or have you never used those (since it would take over an hour to get those setup)?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I watch Netflix on it but technician come out last week and reset it some stuff
When I go to Netflix it says now that I might not be connected to the Internet
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Okay. So we have no way of knowing if the Cable Box (most likely) or TV (least likely) is what has lost sound. Since you have nothing else to connect to the TV, I would suggest your next step as having the cable company swap out their cable box since this is 90% of the time the root cause. It's not a setting or adjustment issue however and I would also suggest trying the reboot steps I posted above once more before giving them a call.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Im trying to connect it now
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is is there another app besides Netflix that I can use ? To try for sound . I'm not smart to Tv stuff
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Okay Since that could take quite a bit of time, when you have it connected IF your Netflix DOES have sound then you will know with 100% certainty that your cable box is the cause. You can use ANY OF THE TV APPS.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.