Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We switched to Smart TV and now all we can get on the remote

Customer Question

We switched to Smart TV and now all we can get on the remote is one channel. How do I reset the remote?
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: LG Model 65UF8600
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened. Like I said, we switched to Smart ??? to watch a flash drive and when we tried to go back, we could not. My husband may have pressed the wrong buttons, but we cannot get the LG remote to work or the Direct TV remote. It just stays on one station.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here , first off please re-boot any satellite or cable box you may be using by disconnecting the box from wallpower (it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time) wait 5 mins replug both back in again, give time for everything to boot back up, let me know if there is any change please

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did not work. Getting message "No signal - please check the input connection

Its the box you get the channels from NOT the TV maybe you are in the wrong input mode for the box?please press the INPUT or SOURCE button on the TV remote...keep pressing it till you locate the box ,let me know what happens

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Anthony