Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have sony 970 k4but no good signal so geek squad added

Customer Question

Have sony 970 k4but no good signal so geek squad added 1900.nighthawk and picture is worse and has slight ghost images, I thought this t.v. was suppose to be so great, I'm with comecast and they don't do the 4ks yet they tell me, what do you think is the problem? Should I return the t.v.?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Hello, First- your Nighthawk router has nothing to do with your Comcast picture- completely different signals. So, if you're referring to the picture quality from your Comcast cable box specifically, then you will want to look at the box as being the root cause of the problem. If it appears the resolution is bad, then I would suggest a reboot of your Comcast box.

Shut the TV off, then pull the power cord out from the Comcast box out of the outlet (unplug it from power).

Then disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between the two on BOTH ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable Box back in and give it 3 minutes to reboot, then turn the TV on.

Let me know if the picture quality still appears poor and if so- I will need the BRAND and MODEL number off of the front of the Comcast cable box.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Please read my reply posted above and try those steps. Then let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Forgot to say I have three other xbr.40 in.t.v.s that I've had for 8years and have never had to do anything to them and the picture is great, a lot better than the new 970D 4k so would the problem still be comecast or did I jyst get a lemon? Lol
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Did you try the cable box reboot yet? The reason I ask is that the cable box can drop resolution down to 480 or 720 without warning and a reboot can put it back to 1080?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.