Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

Lost Netflix about a week ago keeps saying "software update

Customer Question

Lost Netflix about a week ago keeps saying "software update failed" when I go to settings and try software upgrade it says "connecting to network server" but nothing happens and it returns to the software upgrade window where I click "By Internet" then I go through the whole process again and again and again and again and nothing ever happens. How do I get back access to Netflix. Is my Blue ray disc player model code BD-C6500, software code BSP-C6500WWB-1028.0 broken and do I need to replace it?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. The best way to install your firmware update may be to use a USB flash drive. Let me know if you would like to proceed and I will try to assist you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How do I go about using a USB flash drive to install firmware update, do I use the USB ports on the back?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No need to call, just send me a step by step as to obtaining the flash drive and using it to get my DVD player to again allow Netflix.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm on call at work and get interrupted, if you can send me (to my email) instructions on how to regain use of Netflix that should work out.
Expert:  Dan replied 19 days ago.

Yes you will use the USB port on the back. Go to this LINK to download the firmware then copy it to the flash drive. Insert it into the port on the TV and it should install.

Expert:  anne-cssm replied 18 days ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Dan replied 18 days ago.

I am unable to email this to you. Please click the link I provided or let me know if you need further assistance.