Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

In had a Sherwood receiver RD-7405HDR attached to a Samsung

Customer Question

in had a Sherwood receiver RD-7405HDR attached to a Samsung plasma tv. I put the receiver on vide 02 and sound came from the tv to the receiver sound speakers. I was using a digital audio cable. I bought a ner series 8 Samsung TV and pluged that cable into the digital audio port and can't get sound from TV to sterios specker thru the Sherwood.....any ideas
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sherwood was bought Jan of 2011......it always worked with the plasma tv
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just bought tv on 15th. Is it possible that Sherwood will not connect with New series 8 Samsung tv
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

Can you give me the full model number of the new Samsung?

Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
un55ks8000fxza
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Ok, go into the TV's menus. Select SETTINGS then SOUND then SELECT SPEAKER and then choose EXTERNAL SPEAKERS.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Steve

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I put a Bluetooth receiver on to the Sherwood and then had tv paired to it and it worked. I had already tried what u told me to do and it didn't work.....thanks for ur time