Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

In had a Sherwood receiver RD-7405HDR attached to a Samsung

Customer Question

in had a Sherwood receiver RD-7405HDR attached to a Samsung plasma tv. I put the receiver on vide 02 and sound came from the tv to the receiver sound speakers. I was using a digital audio cable. I bought a ner series 8 Samsung TV and pluged that cable into the digital audio port and can't get sound from TV to sterios specker thru the Sherwood.....any ideas
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sherwood was bought Jan of 2011......it always worked with the plasma tv
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just bought tv on 15th. Is it possible that Sherwood will not connect with New series 8 Samsung tv
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 19 days ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

Can you give me the full model number of the new Samsung?

Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
un55ks8000fxza
Expert:  Steve G. replied 19 days ago.

Ok, go into the TV's menus. Select SETTINGS then SOUND then SELECT SPEAKER and then choose EXTERNAL SPEAKERS.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Steve

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I put a Bluetooth receiver on to the Sherwood and then had tv paired to it and it worked. I had already tried what u told me to do and it didn't work.....thanks for ur time