Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My 65" Samsung curved tv will not turn on. It stopped while

Customer Question

My 65" Samsung curved tv will not turn on. It stopped while we were watching cable and now the power light cycles with a clicking sound. This would not go away when I unplugged the tv waited minutes, then hours, then overnight.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: As I said. It is a 65" Samsung curved 4k ultra tv. It has worked fine for close to a year.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: As I said. The tv will not turn on, so getting to the menu is not possible.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As I said. The tv has worked fine since I bought it close to a year ago. We were watching a movie on cable when the reception went to a crazed, multicolored pattern then blacked out.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Can you give me the full model number of the tv, please?
Is it more or less than a year old?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
More than one but less than two
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

If by chance you bought it at costco, or bought an extended warranty, you'd still be covered by that.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.