Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

It is a class 1080p120hz. the screen failed the screen test.

Customer Question

It is a class 1080p120hz. the screen failed the screen test. the top right half of screen is darker than the rest. the longer it stays on the worse it gets
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 55inch class 1080p 120hz sn z72b3cxd400383
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes.yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days We had a light thunder storm 2 days earlier. fine tha night. turnedit on the next day and I have this problem
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today

I`m sorry to hear about your trouble here and I would have only one question on this really ;

How old is this tv and if over a year do you have an extended warranty ?

Reason for asking is that the lcd panel is gone

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows no matter what is on the screen then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

So yes I can confirm the TV's self test , the panel is indeed defective

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Wish i had better news and an easy solution for you today but I hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I just thought I would repair for another room I will put it tin the garbage'
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Or target practice !

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.