Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Samsung 52in TV, model code LA52A650A1FXXY,

Customer Question

we have a Samsung 52in TV, model code LA52A650A1FXXY, Version SQ01, which has started a clicking sound along with the red power light flashing but the TV will not start. this is continuous when the set is plugged in.
Question.. can the set be fixed as we have had no trouble in the past, what can we do and approx how much.
Thanks ***** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

This kind of problem mostly occurs due to failing capacitors on power supply board and some times main board (one where all video inputs are located) found defective, however, most of the times it is power supply board problem and you would need to check output volts of power supply board in TV with multimeter to determine the bad board, if standby 5V and 12V is stable/ constant then replace main board and if the volts are low then replace power supply board.

Please click following link to view power supply board image and price info if you have plan to do-it-yourself..

https://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/LA52A650A1FXXY/Samsung/Samsung/BN4400201A/New.aspx

Please get the part number off of power supply board installed in TV to search/ google it to get better price info of Australian suppliers that will help you to make decision about this TV repair. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.