Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

It was previously connected to a Sonos system but that is

Customer Question

It was previously connected to a Sonos system but that is currently not yet connected. How do I return sound to just the tv itself?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Sharp aquos
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes and I can get to the audio option but I can't get to any of the options
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I loved and we just toon the tv out of the box. The picture and cable is working great, just can't get sound from the tv.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, just want to try and get sound fro
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Hello, Please post back with the model number off of the back of the Sharp TV so I can look it up.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Lc-60sq15u
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

I'm not available by phone. Thanks for the reply. I am pulling up this model number now and will see what instructions need to be followed to turn the TV speakers back on.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you. I will wait for a return text with the instructions to turn the tv speakers back on.
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

It does not appear the set has any specific settings to turn OFF the internal speakers, so can you please tell me what is connected to the TV currently that you are not getting sound from (for example: Cable Box via HDMI cable, etc.)?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Direct tv cable box and an hdmi cable from the wireless direct tv box to the tv in hdmi1.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
When I press the volume button on the remote it shows the numeric level and an icon for a cable that appears to look like an audio cable. When I press the mute button the icon has a red X on it.
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Okay and you're saying there's no sound right now (TV volume is turned up as well)?

If not, then please try a reboot of the DTV box by removing it's power cord from the wall for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once it reboots check and let me know if there is sound. Let me know what you find please.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Also, if that does not work then using the Sharp remote go into "Audio Settings" then scroll down to RESET and click OK. This resets the audio settings back to defaults and should restore the TV speaker sound. Please try that as well.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
when I go to the tv audio settings menu, I can't arrow down to any of the options displayed!!
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Why was I charge $26 and my problem has not been solved?!
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
We figured it out without your assistance and I should not have to pay you for not fixing the problem.