Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

All of my HD connections inoperational, 42LK520-UA about 5

Customer Question

all of my HD connections inoperational
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 42LK520-UA about 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works all three ports have the same problem
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened the picture froze came back on then went black
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 13 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method whichI consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to takeup, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Afew requests for information coming now ….…..

Are you referring to all the HDMI inputs?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Hdmi loss is a very common issue with modern TVs, there is however a procedure to follow and that procedure is this

1) Un-plug the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again re-check if HDMI has returned

2)Reset the TV to factory default in the settings menu (if there is a facility in the settings some sets have this some do not)

3)Go to the website of the manufacturer of the set in your case LG and go to support for your model look to see if there is any firmware upgrade and if your firmware is up to date, if not upgrade the firmware according to the guide that will be with the firmware at the site (assuming there is a download there may not be)

4)If all bases covered above that will mean a main-board replacement ,please come back here and we will discuss that thanks

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Have you covered 1 to 3 in the above please?

Anthony

If this has worked out for you>>

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 days ago.

Please understand this format of questions and answers is a good faith one the good faith comes from yourself when you get a satisfactory answer, that good faith is then conveyed by yourself when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you,the site will only then release credit to me, please note the question does not close and remains open for 30 days, thanks again.

Anthony