Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My VIZIO Model s E50-C1 and E55-C1 will power on, but no

Customer Question

My VIZIO Model s E50-C1 and E55-C1 will power on, but no picture, when connected to satellite has sound, but no picture? Only purchased this in July 2016?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 19 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

Expert:  Jack replied 19 days ago.

Was just reading what you said about the V coming then the screen shutting down and i know what this is .

Unfortunately this will mean repairs , there is a defective LED strip at the back of the screen and when you first turn the tv on the led driver board detects that defective strip and shut the whole thing down .

Fortunately the tv is still under warranty so this wont cost you anything but you will have to contact vizio on this , this is what they are saying ;

You must obtain pre-authorization before sending your product to a VIZIO service center. You may be required to supply a purchase receipt (or copy) to show that the product is within the warranty period.

To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

You can also check this link for more details ; https://www.vizio.com/warranty

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you