Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How to get a DVD out of a TV DVD combo the DVD is stuck how

Customer Question

How to get a DVD out of a TV DVD combo the DVD is stuck how to get it out
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LG 32LG40
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Hold eject button
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 14 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and then pressing and holding the EJECT button on the TV's side panel itself while plugging back in ?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, will try
Expert:  Louie replied 14 days ago.

Yes please.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
tried
Expert:  Louie replied 14 days ago.

The prescribed approach is to open the unit, remove the drive/deck ass'y, and manually extract the erring disc..

Other possible workarounds if the disc loading slot has no cover/flap:

• • using a credit card like something inserted through the disc slot to ' jar ' / ' fish ' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button;
  • • spraying compressed air through a nozzle tubing to 'float' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button;
  • • prep a stiff wire to form a half-a-hook like bend at one end that would then be inserted to snag the center hole of the erring disc;
  • • may have to try any.all of the above a couple of times; or
  • • consider using a pair of long reach tweezers as a last resort as these would scratch the disc surface rendering the disc eventually unusable.