Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Samsung model LN408530P7FXZA comes on and will display PC

Customer Question

Samsung model LN408530P7FXZA comes on and will display PC notification but on the hdmi hook up it acts like someone turn it off for a sec and then it reprograms comes on goes out. not the Ethernet cord. not the router. other tvs hook up this way and work. just not as large a screen as this one. before I trash this one I would like to see if it could be fixed. I had a liocal repair person "fix" it cost me 210$ and it still does not work. won't go back to this person because of extenuating circumstances.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: I gave you the model number and had a supposedly compentent service person look at it.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I think it would work on the pc side but that requires a hdmi cord and I think that's where the problem is if I had a usb port I could try that.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working fine for months even up to 2 years. I went on x box 3 yrs ago and everything was fine. for that long of time then out of the blue it started blackin out for a sec and then maybe would work for 10 minuets then black out again. then the blackouts became more frequent until now it just frizzes the moment you try to access tv or xbox. but the pc channel stays stable.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: guess not I notice yes he menu comes up fine. the PC notification is flickering now also. nope steady now. going to check the menu
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 18 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 18 days ago.

Do you want to fix the issue by yourself (it needs basic electronics knowledge, soldering skills and tools) OR want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info?
This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

Thanks.