Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a samsung smart tv model pn60e550 and when i try to

Customer Question

i have a samsung smart tv model pn60e550 and when i try to connect to router it wont connect
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 2012
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i just purchased a new router because my was chep and said probably wasnt getting a good signal and now this one it finds i type in security key and hit next then it comes back with connection not found
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i have never used this feature through my tv only through my samsung blue ray
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not really
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Are you picking your new network name from a list, or typing in the ssid (network name)?
If you have 2 networks, make sure you are picking the 2.4ghz not the 5g one.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Is it something that can be fixed
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Can you answer the questions I asked above?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
picking from a list
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Okay make sure also that you're putting in the password (not the pin) which are 2 different things.

If no change, how far is the tv from the router?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My card showed it was judged charged 23 dollars I thought it was suppose to be a 5 dollar charge
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
30 feet
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

No it is never just 5, that was only the deposit to post your question, you were charged (and were shown and agreed to) the larger total amount on the payment page.

Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Were you having the same issue with the old router?

Have you tried connecting the bluray to the new router?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank I'm done 23. Is all I'm willing to part with see ys
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

You don't need to pay anymore, you paid the 23+5, and that covers our conversation here.

Can you please answer my last 2 questions?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I had the same issue with old router however I was using the password ***** created. No not yet
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for confirming,

since it happened on the old one too, that is an indication that this is actually a hardware fault in the tv.

The internal wifi adapters in these tvs are very small and underpowered, and typically die after a few years from overheating inside the tv.

Using a wired ethernet cable would be the alternative, as this issue isn't practical to repair.

If you can't do wired direct to the router, the next best option would be to approximate that by using the wired lan port in conjunction with a

powerline ethernet adapter:http://amzn.to/28SDK86 or wifi bridge: http://amzn.to/28PrUHk

Even that may not be worth the investment however, while minimal if you were going to spend it you'd be better off to spend another $10 and get a on a roku or fire tv. Being an older model tv that is no longer supported, many of the apps on it don't even work anymore (amazon, youtube) and those that do are slow and glitchy, and will continue being dropped over time. So for just a bit more you can connect a much more capable external streaming device, or just stick with your bluray too.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.