Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I canot access more than TV and no 2 entre in thé output

Customer Question

Hello i canot access more than TV and no 2 entre in thé output section. No 3 and 4 are blocked. I need thé no 4 entry to connect my Apple TV device. No 4 is the only HDMI entry available.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: My tv model is. LC- 37SH20u
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works. Only sources available are TV and entry 2. The others are blocked.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was always configured that way. Was not a problem until I tried recently to connect this Apple TV device.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My other tv (Heier) has the same problem and yet it is a newer TV bought a year ago.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Hello, On the Sharp you actually need to "Unskip" and then "Label" the Inputs to use them. You're going to need the original Sharp remote for this. Do you have that?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Are you having problems replying?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Okay, I'll proceed. You will need the original Sharp remote for this. What happened is the other Inputs are "Skipped" in the setup. Click the link below, scroll to page 30 and "Un-skip" the Inputs you want to use:

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/pdf/tel_man_LC37SH20U.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Then once that's done you can "Label" them as outlined on page 31 if you'd like. However the original problem is because Input's 3 and 4 are Skipped. Please read the answer for the solution to your problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.