Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Well when i turn on the tv it lights up with the vizio logo

Customer Question

well when i turn on the tv it lights up with the vizio logo and stays that way
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is a Vizio M502i-B1 it is less than a year old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: it does not respond to sources or inputs. and the menu does not work. it simply stays on the boot up logo screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was working perfectly fine right before. it has been like this for about 4 days
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: none i can think of
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 22 days ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs parts and service. In this case replacing the Main board. I could help you with that but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 20 days ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?