Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sound but no picture, UN32EH4003F, When I page thru the

Customer Question

Sound but no picture
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: UN32EH4003F
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: When I page thru the different sources it remains VERY dim. I can see a dim picture only by shining a flash light on the screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was watching NETFLIX via Chromecast. Screen just went VERY dim. Is that way on all modes.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The backlights in your screen have stopped working, which is generally due to the power supply/LED board failing on the LED outputs. This typically requires replacement of the power/LED board to fix the issue. However in some cases, the LED strips inside of the LCD panel itself (the screen) have failed which requires rebuilding the screen of the TV (which will cost more than replacing the set with another.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

The only way to narrow it down between the power/LED board and the screen is to use a multi-meter to test the LED +/- output pins on the power supply board. I'm not sure if you're looking to repair this yourself or not, but if so, and you do not have a meter then the only shot at fixing this is to replace the power/LED board and hope for the best. I am searching to see if that part is available now.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

That part is available at the link below for $30 if you're a DIY type and want to swap the board out yourself (it's "plug and play" - meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it):

http://ftvparts.com/products/samsung-bn44-00664a-power-supply-l32g0-ddy.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA6rrBBRDsrLGM4uTPkWASJADnWZQ4eNicLvG8L3mkRUSSbMbhKRSrhdaWTxuueOBvTT_vNhoCgHPw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Alternatively if this is not something you're comfortable with, a shop will generally charge $200 parts and labor for this repair. However keep in mind if the board does not fix it then it indicates faulty LED's in the screen and the set is not repairable. If you would like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.