Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

42" LG Smart TV has stopped playing next video on Youtube,

Customer Question

42" LG Smart TV has stopped playing next video on Youtube, says it is loading but just shows turning circle in middle of screen and often just loses WiFi signal, have to wait a few minutes before reloading Youtube, never had this issue previously?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The TV is a 42LN5710-TE about 5 years old, I am guessing, bought it after my my father had a stroke 6 years ago.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Occasionally have trouble with Netflix but not as much as Youtube.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I think about 6 months, maybe a little more, my parents use it mainly to watch old Black and White movies, it will almost get to the end of a movie and cut out and we have to reload it and try and find where it got up to. The tablet and PC work fine, they never seem to lose the signal?
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot think of anything else, the software has been updated, and now I think of it, it was after a software update that I think this started to happen.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, reconnect power cord and check?
Please reply back with the result.