Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

We have a notice on the screen that says a new software

Customer Question

we have a notice on the screen that says a new software update is available. The update may take up to 15 minutes to complete. You will not be able to use the tv during the update. Would you like to update now?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model is. XBR -55X7000. Sony..about 4 months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 3 days. Tried arrow in to select choice but will not work. Have unplugged tv to reboot.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Does the TV give you the option to download the update directly?

Expert:  Dan replied 19 days ago.

This might be easier for you. Go to this LINK and download the update and copy it to a USB thumb drive. Insert the drive into a USB port on the TV and the update should start automatically. Let me know if you need further assistance.