Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought a LG smart TV and the content store is not working.

Customer Question

I bought a LG smart TV and the content store is not working. It shows this message Service is temporarily unavailable
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have like a month with this problem and yes I tried everything. Resetting, which made it worse. All the apps were unable to update so there stopped working
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes. Everything is fine except the app store
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue like a month ago. The apps stopped working one by one.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My tv shows error code err.network -4
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Have you tried to run Network setup in TV menu to make fresh connection with router?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
49LG5700 LG smart TV. I tried everything
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

OK, so TV confirms the internet connection with router but no apps works, correct?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We could upgrade using a USB we are running the latest upgrade now but the apps still are not working
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

This is definitely LG server down but I can't confirm it so let me repost the question for other experts and one will soon respond to assist you.

I'm opting out to repost the question.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Service = server

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Could you try going into the network settings and manually adjusting the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 and then try to connect again?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi, Nathan. Could you show us how to do that? We already tried that but the TV doesn't allow us to change the DNS manually.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 day ago.

You may have to set the network setting to manual in the first place, and set each item manually, not just dns.

So go into the existing settings first, and make a note what each are, so you can reenter them all manually, except for setting dns to 8.8.8.8

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
The TV doesn't allow us to set the network setting to manual. Are we doing something wrong? LG tv Model 49lh5700
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 day ago.

Go into the settings menu first and run the factory reset option, then after it is reset try the manual option

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
we will try tomorrow.. . thanks and have a good night!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 day ago.

You're welcome, and best of luck to you.