Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I bought a LG smart TV and the content store is not working.

I bought a LG smart TV and the content store is not working. It shows this message Service is temporarily unavailable
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have like a month with this problem and yes I tried everything. Resetting, which made it worse. All the apps were unable to update so there stopped working
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes. Everything is fine except the app store
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue like a month ago. The apps stopped working one by one.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My tv shows error code err.network -4

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Have you tried to run Network setup in TV menu to make fresh connection with router?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
49LG5700 LG smart TV. I tried everything

OK, so TV confirms the internet connection with router but no apps works, correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We could upgrade using a USB we are running the latest upgrade now but the apps still are not working

This is definitely LG server down but I can't confirm it so let me repost the question for other experts and one will soon respond to assist you.

I'm opting out to repost the question.

Thanks.

Service = server

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Could you try going into the network settings and manually adjusting the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 and then try to connect again?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Nathan. Could you show us how to do that? We already tried that but the TV doesn't allow us to change the DNS manually.

You may have to set the network setting to manual in the first place, and set each item manually, not just dns.

So go into the existing settings first, and make a note what each are, so you can reenter them all manually, except for setting dns to 8.8.8.8

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The TV doesn't allow us to set the network setting to manual. Are we doing something wrong? LG tv Model 49lh5700

Go into the settings menu first and run the factory reset option, then after it is reset try the manual option

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we will try tomorrow.. . thanks and have a good night!

You're welcome, and best of luck to you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nathan. We tried the factory reset even before your recommendation.
It didn't work.
There is no way to input that DNS code. That screen is not open for any changes with use of the remote.
Can you try to change the DNS code to 8.8.8.8.
on another TV of same model as ours?
Or is there some other trick to make the configuration possible?

Thank you for checking, I do still believe it is there, though.

Try this, press the settings button on the remote (the "gear" icon), which should bring up the quick settings toolbar on the side of the tv screen, pick the bottom option (all settings), then go down to network,

then over to wifi connection,

then down to Advanced Wifi Settings,

this shows all the current settings that were loaded automatically, click EDIT, then put in the new DNS.

this will show the current

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My toolbar is a bit different. Don't have an All settings button.
Mine is network.
From there
Can choose network status
Then goes to screen with:
Mac address
Ip address
Subnet mask
Gateway
DNS serverNo edit optionsLG TV Model 49LH5700
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Under network on left toolbar can go to network connection. But no advanced settings there.
There is a general settings button in left toolbar . Doesn't seem to be relevant to this issue

Under network, do you see Wired and Wifi connection options?
Can you go into wifi first, and look there for the advanced or manual option?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm there.
No advanced options that I can see.
Only these:
1. To Connect to a wired network
2. " " " " wireless network
Then a red selection button :
start connection
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Something else to do?
And to think : when we bought the TV a month ago, all the apps installed easily and worked for about 10 days. Then stopped working. I believe was after an update was attempted.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We had to use ethernet cable.
Successfully just input that 88 88
DNS. But to no avail. Still not functioning .says:
Temporary problem.
Same error code :-4

So you are using ethernet wired now not wifi. To be clear I want the dns at 8.8.8.8

If that still doesn't help, we'd try a manual firmware update process next,

can you look in the tv's menu for the current firmware version and tell me which yours has?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The current update is 04.10.04. Supposedly is most recent firmware.

That is indeed the proper firmware.

Have you rebooted your modem/router yet? If not, can you do that now (unplug power for a minute) then test the tv connection.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Went to network status. Showed 8.8.8.8 for dns
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We rebooted. Not a difference
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are no icons or screenshots for the apps. Like Netflix or YouTube etc. Still won't dnload the app

Within the LG-OS menu, do you see a "register" option to create or sign in to an LG web-os account?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I don't see it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I registered the TV online

Do you have the lg tv control app on your phone? If so, is that able to connect to the tv?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No but we will try to. Once installed ,what would you like us to do?

Well I'm primarily just wanting to know if it can even detect/control the tv, which will help tell us if the problem is with the tv or an external connection/service issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will let u know

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This model 49lh5700 is not supported by the lg apps.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Frustrated. !! Haha
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Installed LG app. on SAMSUNG GALAXY PHONE. App said cannot support our smart TV Model.Please advise.

Thank you for trying,

one last thing to check. I know you said you registered it, but I'd like to have you check a different registration path in case you haven't done so already, by going here: http://us.lgappstv.com/appspc/member/register/memberMain.lge

sign in (or sign up), and then again try the sign in on the tv. You can do app purchases through this site as well and they should sync up with the tv.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We will try it in a couple of hours. Thanks

You're welcome, and good luck!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Maybe I didn't register with LG..
I called the company for tech support and they required me to fax my proof of purchase.
But it appears that I didn't register at LG World.
I am attempting to do that.
One issue. I am staying in the North of Nicaragua.
Should I register as North America?
If I should register as middle and south america, there is no choice for Nicaragua. Only Costa Rica and Honduras. It skips Nicaragua on the list.
Ok. I think I'll register as USA .
Bought this at the appliance store Curacao. They tried to help out.
They replaced one TV . but the same problem is occurring with the replacement.
The original worked for the 1st 10 days of use.
I have friends here who are using the 59 inch model of the same LG tv. with success.
And ... all other smart tv users here, using samsungs and sonys are able to do so.
We asked at the store and they gave us the name and number of another customer who bought the same model, and who was having similar trouble with the 'smart' aspect.
He made some suggestions (he is an electronics tech here)
I think he suggested to use this website (just answer)
OK. lets see if I can register as USA.
I'm from Ohio after all!!

I would stick to USA registration as well, but it is possible that the issue with the tv is that it is detecting your location through the internet connection and refusing to route to the proper proxy servers for that purpose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll register USA. And let you know.

Thanks, ***** ***** luck!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My q: we tried everything that was suggested. nothing worked.
we finally called LG in USA. they referred a local tech to visit the house. He tried all the same things. to no avail.
They recommended the ISP should swap out the router/modem.
The ISP company came to the home. they reconfigured the router and voila it is working perfectly.
Only they have the ability to reconfigure.
So my Q: are due we for a refund from JustAnswer? Only through LG and the local ISP was the issue resolved.
Thanks for your attention in this matter.
K. Mehl

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear it is working for you.

As you know this was a long and involved process, we went through every possibility to address the issue.

If there was an underlying ISP issue that is certainly not something either of us could know or control without going through all of these steps.

You have paid your fee to the site, the intent of which is to cover my time and expertise in attempting to address the issue.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.
Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help. Asking for a refund has the same effect of me having to work for free for all of my time spent in a good faith effort to help.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Now I understand the system. I believe experience ,time ando expertise should be rewarded. I will NOT ask for a refund. And positively rate our experience top notch.
Thank you

You're very welcome, and I do appreciate your consideration.

Thank you, ***** ***** a Merry Christmas!

Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.