Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Small child threw soft rubber dinosaur toy and hit front of

Customer Question

Small child threw soft rubber dinosaur toy and hit front of 65 inch Panasonic TV
TV went out and now red light blinks at bottom of TV
TV will not come on
No signs of crack on screen or any visible damage
Unplugged for hour or so but still not working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- How many times the red light is blinking?

for example, 7 blinks, pauses for 3 seconds, again blinks 7 times, pauses for 3 seconds...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
7 red light blinks, the a pause, and 7 more, etc
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No tv , just blinking red light
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the info. Was the TV working fine when child hit the screen with rubber toy?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
has been fine for years
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Your only response has been to charge me.
Is this one more internet scam?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I'm typing answer for you and having hard time to keep the page open as website seems under gone maintenance

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

This question/ answer session would cost you $28 and I'm not sending you any phone call or other offers, these are sent by website system.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Please confirm if you want me to proceed with answer OR you may please contact customer service about billing at this stage.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Customer service contact:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####br />United Kingdom - 0***-***-****
Ireland - 1800-760-906

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Waiting for an answer
Only comment has been about blinking light
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, 7 times blinking power light indicates sustain board failure and it could be coincidence when child threw the toy on TV screen and sustain board failed exactly the same time OR the screen got cracked that is so thin and not visible to you that can damage the sustain board as well. Sustain board replacement is only option here to verify either it is sustain board or cracked screen. Please click following link to view sustain board/ SC board image for this TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnsc1ntuu-sc-board.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.