Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Second opinion] - 65 inch plasma Hitachi ultravision. great

Customer Question

Second opinion] - 65 inch plasma Hitachi ultravision. great sound just went to a black screen. power button goes from blue to orange. lost connection with tech
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome back to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help on theis Second Opinion question.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...65 inch plasma Hitachi ultravision..."

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot get to the model number. It is mounted on the wall. And I am the only one here right now
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

I understand and when able please to enable us to determine troubleshooting/diagnostic flow/procedures.

Still, is the screen at least "priming"; i.e. black to dark gray when attempting to switch on ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. Was watching it and just went to black screen. When I push menu it's still black and cannot see anything
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

The only easy user doable try (for the moment and if have not been done) would be to unplug for an extended period of time. This is to simulate a soft RESET. Then plug back in but into a different outlet for test purposes.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

All others would be internal as it most likely would be a hardware issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have tried that twice but no change. Should I wait till I have help to retrieve the model number.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Yes please and post back the complete model number when able.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Cheers.