Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Hitachi Ultravison plasma tv 65 inch i think.. it

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi Ultravison plasma tv 65 inch i think.. it worked fine. but now it has sound and no picture, are able to turn channels but still no picture
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: bought it in August 2006 it is mounted on the wall and I am unable to get to the model number
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: its on all. we can not see anything but a black screen even when we hit the menu button, but the light is blue
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it has been working today then it went to black screen. the power button is now flashing from blue to orange
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i think thats it
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Hello, Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Hitachi so I can look it up?

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
it is mounted on the wall and I am unable to get to it, but will try somehow
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me if this is a Plasma or LCD set? Also, is the screen backlit at all (meaning slightly lighter than if the set were off)?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
is there anyway I can send a picture. i cannot get to it by myself it is 65 inch liquid plasma.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
no just went all black. sound still works and the light goes from blue to orange
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

A picture won't help us unless it's of the sticker on the back of the set. Also, a liquid plasma? There's liquid crystal (which is LCD) and then there's Plasma - they are mutually exclusive.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
there is nothing you can do to help me?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
it is a plasma screen tv
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
tried twice still have black screen and blue power light
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
17 November 2016 07:07
tried twice still have black screen and blue power light then to orange
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
are you still there
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Still not getting a reply from just answer
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today, your prior expert has opted out of the conversation.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well. Just let me know either way.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
they said I have to wait till tomorrow when I can get the model number
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

A model number would be helpful, but I can assist you with out it if you want to talk by phone, I can get sufficient details that way.

If you prefer to reply back here when you have the model, that would be fine too.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I'll contact you personally when I get the number. I talked to my husband and he said it would be best if him or the boys were here so they could take it down and try the possiblebfixes suggested.
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Yes that would be just fine.

If you prefer to do the call, you can accept that offer anytime (I tried to accept your earlier request but it seems to have failed perhaps from a security hold by your bank) and then we can talk by phone tomorrow if that is easier too.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
OK thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

You're welcome, have a great night,

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
same to you
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Thanks (sorry I have to make the last reply here or I won't be notified when you come back tomorrow)

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.