Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 47LB6100-UG set that has a flashing screen, (audio

Customer Question

I have a 47LB6100-UG set that has a flashing screen, (audio is fine).
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Is that not the model number I gave you above? About 3 years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I think the menu comes up but the picture is there for a micro-second and unable the read it.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I t was working fine and the next time I used it... it started flashing.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me what is connected to the TV for sources (for example: cable/SAT box, DVD, home theater, etc.)?

Also if you grab the ORIGINAL LG remote and press MENU, will the set's own MENU display normally or does it also blink?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Knowing if the set's own MENU blinks tells us whether the issue is "Source" related or internal to the TV. Can you reply back with that please? I'm here to assist you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It is connected to a cable box. I have tried the tv remote and just get the flash. Do you want me to try the tv remote again?
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Yes we really need to isolate the issue from the Cable Box. Press anything on the LG remote (MENU, Volume, etc.) and let me know if those icons (which are native to the TV itself) also blink/flash.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Sorry, I'm not available by phone. Please try what I posted above and reply back here on this page with the results.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
will they call me later?
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

The phone call offer is on the screen. Nobody has taken it yet. We are all independent techs- so I have NO way to know if anyone will call you. If nobody does- you are not charged for it however.

Now that said, a phone call will NOT help with this problem. I simply need you to reply back to what I have asked above twice now.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry Eric, got distracted. Went up and disconnected the cable and used the TV remote to turn it on and pressed menu. The menu came up while it continued to blink. It is on screen such a short time I'm unable to read more than to know it's on Menu.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK... so Aric has passed me off, so what do I do now? Do I sit here and look at this screen; will somebody contact me?
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well. Just let me know either way.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.