Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony 52 inch and for about 2 weeks off and on, we

Customer Question

I have a Sony 52 inch and for about 2 weeks off and on, we get no picture as we turn on the tv. Half the screen is sometimes black, the other white. Sometimes the left side is various colors striped. Help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: We bought in oct. 2010. Model, how do you know?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We've called the cable co. thinking it might be the problem. Sometimes after awhile, the picture might just come on. Cable co. has helped us go through all the troubleshooting and nothing helps.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

Let me know when you are on-line please

Please reply in the box below thank you

Anthony