Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 62" model # 62628. I no longer have the remote or

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I have a 62" model # 62628. I no longer have the remote or manual. I just got cox cable with the contour box. The cox tech hooked the wires up to component 1. How do I select comp 1 from the front panel on the tv? If I press device it makes the screen go blue, then the timer flashes for 20-30 seconds and my tv shuts off. do you know why this happens? what do I need to do? I appreciate any advice. Thanks you, Ed
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works. This is the only thing I have hooked up to tv, but problem still exists with nothing hooked up
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The lamp went out, I have replaced the lamp. My tv was in storage for 2 years, just moved and got it out.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I pressed the system reset with a paper clip. I get a picture when I hook up rabbit ears to ant 1/main
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 17 days ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone.

Going blue and rapid flashing LED means serious hardware failure inside the tv that requires very complex and expensive tear down and parts. It's around $600 diagnosis, parts, labor by an experience authorized Mitsubishi technician and take 2-4 hours. Not something the average person/user can do so having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that, just provide your zip code.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks