Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Panasonic Viera TV...purchased in 2010. The tv

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Viera TV...purchased in 2010. The tv won't turn on...blinks 10 times. I've tried unplugging it for 10-15 minutes and then turning it back on...does not work. I've tried pressing the power button and one of the volume buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds...another time, I did it for 60 seconds...still no luck.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is a Panasonic Viera TC-P50G20...June 2010. I've never had a problem turning the tv on in the past. It worked fine this morning...then it was off for a few hours. I tried to turn it back on and got the flashing red light.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I'm not sure what that means---does the tv menu work? Are you asking me if the menu worked before I had the problem? Yes, it did work before I had the problem. I'm not too savvy on computer/tv issues. Your question should seem obvious to me, but it is not...sorry.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up? No. I'm the tv technician's Assistant. Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This just happened today....I have never had a problem with this tv since the date of purchase (June 2010). The only other thing is the flashing red light blinks 10 times...pauses...then blinks 10 times again.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 23 days ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone.

10 blinks is an error code telling a technician where to start looking for the failed internal part. There is a complex set of tests based on the number of blinks. Then the part gets replaced. I could help you with that but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks