Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have a Samsung tv ln32d450g 1d. There is no option in the

Customer Question

We have a Samsung tv ln32d450g 1d.
There is no option in the menu to configure network. The tv is hard wired to the router.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was just notified that I have been charged the final 23 dollars but to this point I have not had an answer
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

There should be a network setup in the menu. Have you checked all of the sub-menus?

Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

In the Menu there should be a Network sub menu. Have you located that?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have tried several times and I can find no reference to network anywhere
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Strange? The manual indicates that menu is available. Let me investigate a bit more please.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can send a picture of the menu options but I would need an email address. This automated app does not allow me to attach.
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

My apologies for the delay, my internet is running a little slow tonight. What speed is your internet service?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Not great running at 1.57 mbps
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

That might be part of the problem? You need a minimum of 10 mbps for a network connection. You should see something like in the attachment.

Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

I just found your TV does not have a built in network modem. If you decide to use an external device, you will still need a faster internet speed to accomplish any streaming.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Well I am notsure how accurate my speed app is but we have good network connections on two iPads and two laptops
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

From one of your laptops, go to www.speedtest.net That will give you a pretty good idea.

Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Any results?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Speedtest says 2.14
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Okay. Still pretty slow for streaming video content. Do you have any options to increase your speed?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
not really. We are on the best package available
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Okay. Well you can always try using a Roku. They can be adjusted to use a slower speed for streaming.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can stream tv episodes no problem. My specific problem is with Apple TV. I used to be able to connect with no problem. I think the problem started when we had to replace the router. As things stand now I can not confirm that it is on the same network
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

You originally indicated you were having problems with your Samsung?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That is right. When I say Apple TV it is the small device that allows my iPad to mirror to the Samsung. I need to confirm that it is on the same network and at the moment I can't do that
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Okay I see. As I stated above and finally was able to confirm, your Samsung does not have network capability so you will not be able to connect it to your network.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Well now I am lost. At one point in time the Apple TV device did work just fine on this same tv.
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

How does the Apple device connect to the Samsung?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
through the hdmi port
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

So the problem is more with the Apple device then it is with the Samsung then correct?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I think that might be the case but I can,t confirm that until I get them talking to each other
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Can you see the Apple setup menu on the TV?

Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

If you can see the Apple menu then try this. Choose Settings, General, Network, and see if Apple TV has an IP address.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The Samsung does recognize the apple but there is no setup menu
I am going to have to shut it down for tonight.
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Okay. Get back with me when you can and we can continue.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks Dan
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

My pleasure!