Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I can not get Netflix to come up on my Sony KDL70w850B tv. I

Customer Question

I can not get Netflix to come up on my Sony KDL70w850B tv. I get a command that it is not available. On the side there is a message that it is not corrected to the network. I can bring it up on my computer. How do I fix this?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: KDL70w850B. Purchased 1/15.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We just returned from our summer home and tried it last night. I have called Netflix and was told that it was a network connection problem and to contact Sony. We have a 3 year warranty agreement with Brandsmart, but all I get is an automated message.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can thing of.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Initially, can you try going into the sony settings menu and look for the software (firmware) update function and run that to download and install the latest updates, then let me know if you can run netflix after that.