Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My pioneer plasma tv, purchased 1986. when turning unit on

Customer Question

my pioneer plasma tv , purchased 1986. when turning unit on my screen is totally filled with horizontal/vertical lines ( mostly green/light yellow ). after 5-10 minutes picture clears up by 95 % and will stay like that as long as tv is on. Rick
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: tv was purchased in 1986
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: started 8 days ago. not into electronics -- no troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the TV? Reason being is that in 1986 Pioneer did not make Plasma TV's - they made rear projection sets, and I want to be able to look your TV up to provide accurate info.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
purchased in 1986 but was told it was a last years model. can not get to rear --- wall mounted -- was able to see serial number on side ---------DEAT041480EV ---------- the 8 in serial number may be a 6 or 3 . can not tell. guess I may have been wrong about plasma
I will be leaving in 10 minutes for dental appt.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 23 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** expert has opted out please I will need that model number if you cant get it then we are stumped.......it will also be on the owners manual if you still have it

Anthony