Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The butttons on my remote do not work, excep for the ch. 7

Customer Question

The butttons on my remote do not work, excep for the ch. 7 and on/off. I have to scroll up or down (which does not always work unless pressed constantly. I have changed the batteries. no luck.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I wold have to look fo the booklet. It's a flat screen tv that I've have for about 4 year.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I only seem to have the problem with the channel buttons. Everything else is fine. Can I purchase a Westinghouse remote somewhere?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened to the remote or the tv. It's been going on for amout a month and making me crazy (and I don't need help with that)
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Please get the model number off of the back of the TV and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
UW32SPW
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. Please first try a quick hard reset of the TV to see if this helps the issue.

1) Shut off the TV and unplug it from power (unplug the power cord).

2) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release.

3) Wait a minute then plug the set back in and turn it on.

Check operation of the remote and if it still does not work aside from the Ch. 7 and On/Off button then reply back and I will find you a new remote.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If nothing changes after the reboot (which resets the TV's processor), then it would appear that the remote is faulty and you can purchase the original Westinghouse remote for this set at the link below for $10:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-RMT-22-Remote-for-WESTINGHOUSE-TV-EW32S5UW-UW32SC1W-UW32S3PW-EW39T6MZ-/272421232765?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much for your help. The suggestions didn't work but I was able to order a new remote for less than $10.00 Thanks again for all your help
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

You're welcome. Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?