Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Insignia tv 55 inches ,D-421NA16 MY SCREEN WAS BROKEN when

Customer Question

insignia tv 55 inches ,D-421NA16 MY SCREEN WAS BROKEN when transfering to haiti. I need to buy another screen.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR DURING BLACK FRIDAY: NS-55D421NA16
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: THE SAME DAY I TRIED TO CONNECT IT I NOTICED THAT THE SCREEN WAS FRACTURED, WHILE I WAS IN HAITI. I NEVER USED IT YET. NOW I AM IN FLORIDA, THAT WHY I NEED ANOTHER SCREEN SO I CAN REPLACED THE FRACTURED ONE WHEN I GO BACK TO HAITI NEXT SUMMER.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. I have bad news on this one, and the screens are not available for separate purchase on these sets, as the cost of the screen is 80% of the cost of the TV. It requires a complete teardown of the set to replace the screen as well. Once labor is factored in, it would cost more than the TV did when new to replace the screen. That is why manufacturers do not produce them other than the ones that come in the set. I'm sorry to say this, but the TV is not cost effective to repair, nor is the screen available.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

The only possible way to salvage it, would be to search eBay or Craigslist for the EXACT same model number set that has a different fault (like no power, bad HDMI ports, etc.) and then cannibalize it for it's screen. However finding one like this is going to be difficult. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.