Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

MY model is VW26L. There is a border at top and bottom of

Customer Question

MY model is VW26L. There is a border at top and bottom of screen that i cant get rid off. How do I get a full picture on my screen
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: mfg date is 2007. MOdel is VW26L S# *****
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works. I only use the one input
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Always been issue I thought it was normal until I was told it was not
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Can you tell me what input you are using with the tv, a cable or satellite box perhaps?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I use a satellite box.i have the same problem when I watch a DVD. I do have a full screen when i watch netflex thru Chrome cast amd a different inpuit./
Expert:  Nathan replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for confirming.

On dvd, that is normal, because movies are in a different format and always will have those bars. You can adjust it differently but that either cuts off part of the picture or stretches it and then things look out of proportion.

For the satellite,

Grab the box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
worked
Expert:  Nathan replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for the update, glad that worked for you.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,