Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have no sound. Am in Settings, but all is as it was,

Customer Question

I have no sound. Am in Settings, but all is as it was, nothing has been changed.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I can't find paperwork....lots about 6 months old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything else works, other TVs in house work...l.l
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I turned it on this morning, no sound. It was fine last night.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. I'm in settings. Can try to find paperwork, usually keep it handy, but it's not readily available...
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just the TV and THE CABLE BOX. THEY ARE both quite high on the wall and I can't access them, so that might be a problem!
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Placing the TV and cable on height is OK and can't be cause of sound problem.

Since all audio settings seems normal then we need to try reboot the cable box as first thing to fix the problem.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was JUST charged an additional $19 on my Visa, which I didn't authorize. I did authorize $5.00. Never saw an option for $19 additional. What is that charge for?
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

I have no control over money matters, please contact customer service as they handle billing/ money matters.

USA:(###) ###-####/p>

Have you tried the suggestion mentioned in previous reply to resolve the sound problem?