Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

It has no picture, completely black. Sound is ok. On

Customer Question

it has no picture, completely black. Sound is ok. On Saturady when we turned it on it was doing the same thing. After a while it suddenly had the picture. On Sunday morning it came on fine. We watched it all day but when when I turned it on this morning, nothing - totally black but the sound is on. It's been on now for 6 hours and no picture has "popped up" like it did Saturday night.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: We bought it at Sam's club last Christmas. Model #LE55A6R9/LE55A6R9A.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing but blackness, no other tv in the house. Can see anything to see if other sources/inputs work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Saturday evening when we turned the tv on it was doing it. We left tv on and the pictured suddenly came on. Turned it off Saturday night, it worked fine all day Sunday, turned it off when we went to bed. This morning at 5:00 no picture just sound. It's been on all morning but nothing has changed.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; based on the age however you should still be under warranty and can call 1-***-***-****

to file a claim for repairs with them.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.