Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sharp model number LC 429 62U with 2 HDMI ports. It

Customer Question

I have a Sharp model number LC 429 62U with 2 HDMI ports. It is currently configured with input 5 to be the cable connect - I have Time Warner. I just configures an Amazon fire stick by plugging it into input 5. I'd like to have the fire stick live in input 4 so I don't have to switch the cable and the fire stick back and forth. when I press the input button on the TV or on the remote it only allows the TV input or #5. the others are greyed out. so how do I get the TV to be able to select input 4?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model number on the back is what I gave you before: LC 429 62U may be 7-8 years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the menu works, as I said the input only allows TV and #5 with the other choices greyed out. Are you a live erson reading what i write?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Again - are you reading what i write?
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is the cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the tv technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, The model number you posted is not valid. Please check it again and reply back with the correct Sharp mode number off of the back of the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

That was a computer auto-assistance, I am the live tech you're working with. I know how to fix the Inputs being greyed out but I need the correct model to give you instructions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
LC 42D 62U
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** quick. I'm pulling up the manual now and will tell you what page to go to.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

No thanks, I'm not available by phone. Standby and I will pull up some info. Thanks.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

When the Input is greyed out - it means it's "Skipped". You need to manually go into the TV MENU using the original Sharp remote and "Un-Skip" or "Name" the Input in order to then be able to select it, and use it. Click on the link below and scroll to page 30, and 32 to "Label" the Input:

http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/Manuals/tel_man_LC42D62U.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've done this many times. Nothing happens when i select skip and hit enter
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Oh, that would have been helpful to know. So how about NAMING the Input first as outlined on page 32 as referenced above?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nothing happens now when I hit enter on input label