Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just bought one of your 'home theater' TVs and need a

Customer Question

I just bought one of your 'home theater' TVs and need a tuner to connect my antenna coaxial cable to so I can PBS and local news.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: I don't have anything on the TV here at work (where I have net connection) but its a 55" I do believe E series . . . I've checked at Sams Club (where I got the TV), Fred Meyers, Walmart and have yet to see a CB radio shop may have anything as soon as they open at noon.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I haven't done anything to 'set up' from the menu yet as I have no where to hook up my antenna cable and don't want to accidently pre-set something (I'm NOT electronic minded - so this is challenging)
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just got the big screen TV on Sat. 12 in big store sale. So, I'm just beginning my quest. So far no one seems to really know what I need seeing how no one sells anything like that.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

So you want to connect an antenna to your new tv to pick up local stations?

What is the brand and model of your tv?