Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

MY VIZIO MODEL E500i-B1 HAS LOST ITS CONTROL OF THE VOLUME

Customer Question

MY VIZIO MODEL E500i-B1 HAS LOST ITS CONTROL OF THE VOLUME AND THE MUTE CONTROL. THE PICTURE SHOWS THE VOLUME BAND GOING UP & DOWN BUT THE AUDIO VOLUME DOES NOT CHANGE. ALSO, THE VIZIO CANNOT BE TURNED ON OR OFF BY ITS OWN REMOTE DEVICE.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: GMAIL, THE ADDRESS IS:***@******.***
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: WEB BROWSER
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: THOUGHT THE PROBLEM MAY HAVE BEEN WITH OUR COX CABLE PROVIDER, BUT THEIR TECHNICIAN CHECKED THEIR PARTS OUT AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM THERE.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE COX TECH SAID TO MENTION TO YOU THAT THE INFRA-RED SENSOR ON THE TV MAY BE THE PROBLEM BECAUSE THE REMOTE WILL NOT DO ANYTHING INCLUDING TURNING THE UNIT ONE & OFF. THE BATTERIES HAVE BEEN RENEWED AND NO CHANGE.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 25 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having problems here, those initial questions are computer generated and can comeout wrong, you are now with a live tech my name is Anthony

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are notfrom me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method whichI consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to takeup, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Afew requests for information coming now ….…..

OK the first thing you need to do is check if the remote is working correctly (sets own original remote I am referring to)

You do that by following this>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPoifERrNs

Please click the above , watch the video check the remote and let me know thanks

Anthony

You do not need to open new questions just stay here with this one please......

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 24 days ago.

Do you still need help with the question you asked please?

Anthony