Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Ineed to program my remote to hd, 13SH6 lc 7 years, yes the

Customer Question

Ineed to program my remote to hd
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 13SH6 lc 7 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the tv works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ge to hchange to hd
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Hello, You can't program a remote to make the signal "HD" if that's what you're asking. You can only program a remote to operate a device.

That being said, what exactly is it you're trying to accomplish here? Are you trying to get a Cable Remote to work with the TV? Or something else? Please elaborate.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have a new direct tv box with a new remote... I have an older sharp lc-15sh6u/lc tv and cannot program it... perhaps I need the code? Direct tv tech couldn't get it to connect.
Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Thanks. All I can do is pull up the DirecTv code finder for you. The code is up to them - not the TV. DirecTv updates their codes when they do, and if the code is not there, it's on their end and you will need either two remotes, or a fully programmable Universal remote like the Logitech Harmony. Click the link below to try and find a code that will work to power the TV on and off and control volume. Make sure your TV is on the correct "INPUT" to view DirecTv once that is done.

Click below and select your remote. Then follow the instructions on the screen and the prompts to program it:

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4028/~/how-to-program-directv-remote-control

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Please view the answer to your question above.