Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony 40" FHD LCD TV KDL40CX520 TELEVISION which is

Customer Question

I have a Sony 40" FHD LCD TV KDL40CX520 TELEVISION which is not working. We have a storm at the weekend and the power went off. Since then, the television is not working. The stand-by light is on and blinks RED twice then 3 seconds space, blinks again twice. I am wondering if I should seek repair or purchase a new one. Your thoughts would be appreciated. I purchased the TV on 27.8.2011. Thanks ***** at : ***@******.***
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is the BRAVIA and I purchased on 27.8.2011 and it was new.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have only just discovered that it was not working. The TV is in the bedroom so I haven't been using it since the storm at the weekend. I searched the Troubleshooting and noted the red light blinking and the next suggestion was to disconnect and seek a Technician.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think there is anymore information to provide.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please