Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

What can it be when your power button blinks but you have no

Customer Question

What can it be when your power button blinks but you have no picture or sound it's just blinking like his sleep
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It will be blinking in a sequence of blinks eg: 3 blinks in sequence.

Can you tell me what it is for your TV please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The whole screen is blank and no sound
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** power light is blinking,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It blinks in sequence of Threes And then at a blink again and it just keep doing it
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you

3 Blinks means a failed 3.3V SOS D BOARD (the blinks indicate which fault has occurred)

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's not under warranty no more I purchased it in 2012 It's a 65 inch TV is it worth taking down to a shop
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

I would be cautious and ensure you get a price first. If additional components have also failed due to this then it can become costly, but get a pricing for the fix first and then you can decide, especially as TV's are quite cheap now, if it is worth getting the repair made.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you