Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I get a yellow triangle in upper right hand corner when I

Customer Question

I get a yellow triangle in upper right hand corner when I try to get onto internet (UTube). Nothing in manual. What does it mean?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: e500i-A-1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Men works. However for a while the set did not connect to wi-fi.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened a while ago. I thought it might be wi-fi related.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

Has youtube worked for you previously on this set?
Are other apps (netflix, hulu, etc) still working?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
All apps seem to be working. Please tell me what the yellow triangle means.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Please note a typo--my email is***@******.***. I couldn't correct it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

It is a connectivity issue, it is happening because the tv cannot access the youtube servers.

There were some recent (within the past week or so) updates to the youtube server environments, and many tvs and other smart devices lost compatibility because of it.

On most devices, it is a simple matter of installing a firmware update to restore that compatibility. In this case though, that is unlikely to happen. This is a 2013 model, which means it is past the age that vizio is supporting it, so they likely will not put forth the effort to develop and release an update. They generally support their tvs only for the first year or two at the most. You can wait for an update, and if one ever comes it will be automatically installed by the tv, but if one does not come, which is what I expect, then the app will no longer be usable on this tv. You'll find that over time other apps (like amazon) will stop working as well, which again is common with this brand as they stop updating.

The next best option in that situation, other than buying a new tv, would be to connect an external streaming device like a roku or fire tv, and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance, long term support, and lower cost.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.